Primary focus will be establishing successful working relationships with clients in a Business-to-Business environment. Must have direct experience selling custom Information Technology application/development solutions, as well as product sales. Custom solutions include Inventory, Database Management, and Web Design and Development applications. Must have experience forming relationships with our primary client base comprised of local Alaska companies and governmental agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform outside sales and client prospecting activities to identify new business opportunities (some inside follow-up activities)
- Successfully cultivate long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with both existing and new clients
- Involvement in various networking group activities, professional organizations, and the community in order to develop new leads and clients
- Research and approach potential new clients
- Research and approach potential new markets
- Assist in the development of comprehensive sales presentation materials tailored to the needs of individual clients and/or businesses
- Make formal sales presentations and follow-up calls to prospective new clients
- Participate in the response to Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Request for Quotes (RFQ’s), etc.
- Management of all client activity by use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool or other sales/time management tools and reporting systems
- Present to, and follow up with, all clients based on their specific needs
- Event planning and participation
- Mass client communications
- Assist with planning and strategy sessions
- Varying degrees and frequency of marketing activities
Education and Experience include the following:
- Minimum of 2 years successful Business-to-Business sales experience
- Proven ability to establish long-term relationships
- Effective time management skills
- Background in custom Information Technology solutions preferred
- Background in Database Management, and Web-Enabled technologies preferred
- Ability to learn new Information Technology products and services quickly
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to effectively interact with other team members, most of whom are highly advanced IT programmers and developers
DOE & based on probationary reviews. See requirements below.